Call Houston Truck Accident Lawyer R.J. Alexander if you or a loved one is injured by a commercial vehicle in Texas. Free consultations and no win, no fee: (832) 458-1756.
Commercial vehicles litter the highways and everyday roads of Houston. Yesterday, I drove back from the Harris County Civil Courthouse and counted how many commercial vehicles I saw on the road during my brief journey back to the office. I encountered at least 30 commercial vehicles and a lot of them were either flatbed or 18 wheeler trucks. Houston, a city recently deemed by one magazine as the “coolest city in the South,” is currently undergoing a whirlwind of construction as the local economy continues to revive, new road construction projects are completed, and Houston recovers from the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. A bevy of commercial vehicles will continue to litter our roadways for the foreseeable future.
It is important to understand what is happening in the state of Texas and the nation as a whole, but it is absolutely imperative to grasp what is occurring at a local level. In this way, you can better prepare yourself for events that might affect you and properly employ defensive driving techniques to safeguard you and your loved ones.
You need to understand that an accident with a commercial vehicle is different in a number of ways compared to a run-of-the-mill car accident case. Below are a number of reasons why it is important to hire an attorney who FOCUSES on truck accident cases.
- The law is different. Trucking accidents can be governed by federal and/or state law. Depending on where the truck travels and the type of commerce that it participates in, will determine which canon of law applies. You need a lawyer who is familiar with both federal law and state law regarding trucking accidents.
- Evidence gathering may be different. Because trucks involve complex hydraulic systems and other fixtures, a lawyer must know what to gather and from whom at the most appropriate time. Hiring a lawyer that is incapable of procuring the correct records regarding your accident could ultimately spell defeat for your 18 wheeler accident claim.
- The insurance defense teams specialize in high dollar cases. Trucking companies are insured by companies that hire high powered law firms with tons of attorneys on the payroll. They would rather pay the fees of a defense attorney than rightly compensate you for your injuries. You need an effective advocate who will empathize with your pain. Insurance defense lawyers are cynical and believe that every claim is fraudulent, it’s the job of your attorney to make sure they understand that your pain is very real…and if they are not willing to accept that fact then take the case to trial and produce a large verdict in your favor.
- The injuries are significant. Trucking accident claims often involve more catastrophic injuries than the average car accident because, well, let’s face it, commercial vehicles are heavier, harder to control, harder to stop, and usually, crush an average civilian’s car if the conditions are bad enough. Because you are dealing with more significant injuries, you cannot simply rely on any lawyer who poses him/herself as a personal injury attorney to handle your case.
- Your lawyer’s reputation proceeds him/her. Insurance companies research their opponents. They know who is afraid to take a case to trial. They know when they have a leg up in litigation…and in high dollar cases such as these, they are not afraid to pull out all the stops to save their clients’ (insurance companies) money. Taking your case to a settlement mill lawyer (someone who generates a bunch of cases by spending massive amounts of cash on traditional advertisement mediums with the hopes of settling your case for the quickest dollar amount possible with no respect to the actual worth of your claim/s) or a lawyer that does not focus on truck accident law will spell disaster for your claim. A lawyer that does not focus on motor carrier cases will likely leave money on the table.
Currently, there are a few attorneys in the Houston area who actually focus on truck accident cases. A quick Google search under the term “Houston truck accident lawyer” and a look under Google Maps will demonstrate who truly handles these cases. Usually, these lawyers will have at least one website fully devoted to trucking accident law cases and an extensive record of verdicts for trucking accident cases. Perhaps, they have written books on the subject to demonstrate their legal expertise on the matter. They must have a deep understanding of the subject matter and are not afraid to take your case to trial. Perhaps, one of the most important things is that you feel comfortable with the idea of this person standing in front of a jury and telling your story.
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer R.J. Alexander focuses on truck accident cases. I will fight for you tooth and nail because I understand that in truck accident cases, the money that you receive may have to take care of you for the rest of your life. If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident I know that you may have a lot of questions and concerns. Feel free to call anytime day or night and know that I will walk with you every step of the way on this journey. Don’t suffer alone.
Call Houston Truck Accident Lawyer R.J. Alexander at (832) 458-1756. Today. You will be glad that you did.
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Types of Accidents
Head On Collision
Rear End Accident
Side Impact Accident
Texting While Driving
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Types of Truck Accidents
Spinal Cord Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Practice Areas
Texas Truck Accident Attorney
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer
Houston Truck Accident Attorney
Houston Truck Wreck Lawyer
Houston Truck Wreck Attorney
Houston Truck Death Lawyer
Houston Truck Death Attorney
Truck Accident Attorney Houston
Truck Wreck Lawyer Houston
Houston Truck Accident Death Attorney
Houston Truck Wreck Death Attorney
Houston Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Houston Semi Truck Accident Attorney
Houston 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
Houston 18 Wheeler Wreck Attorney
Truck Death Lawyer
Truck Death Attorney
from WordPress https://localhoustontruckaccidentlawyer.com/2018/09/10/houston-truck-accident-lawyer-truck-accidents-are-different-5/